Professor Lora Ramunno obtained PhD in physics from the University of Toronto in 2002. After a year in a high-tech start-up, she returned to academia as a postdoctoral fellow at uOttawa. Since 2007, she has been a faculty member in Physics at the University of Ottawa where she is currently Full Professor. She held a Canada Research Chair in Computational Nanophotonics from 2007-2017, and was the recipient of an Early Researcher Award in 2007. She is a fellow of the Max-Planck-UOttawa Centre for Extreme and Quantum Photonics, and a member of the uOttawa Centre for Research in Photonics. Her theoretical/computational research focuses on nonlinear and nano-optics, including intense laser-matter interaction, nanophotonics, nonlinear optical microscopy and photonic devices. She also has several successful industrial collaborative projects.
- Theoretical and Computational Photonics
- Intense light-matter interaction
- Nonlinear optics
- High performance computing
- J. Baxter, A. Calà Lesina, J-M. Guay, A. Weck, P. Berini, L. Ramunno, Plasmonic colours predicted by deep learning, Scientific Reports (In Press).
- J-M. Guay, A. Calà Lesina, G. Killaire, P.G. Gordon, C. Hahn, S.T. Barry, L. Ramunno, P. Berini, A. Weck, Laser-written colours on silver: optical effect of alumina coating, Nanophotonics 8(5), 807–822 (2019) doi:10.1515/nanoph-2018-0202
- M.A. Butt, A. Calà Lesina, M. Neugebauer, T. Bauer, L. Ramunno, A. Vaccari, P. Berini, Y. Petrov, D. Danilov, A. Manshina, P. Banzer, and G. Leuchs, Investigating the Optical Properties of a Laser Induced 3D Self-Assembled Carbon-Metal Hybrid Structure, Small 15(18), 1900512 (2019) doi: 10.1002/smll.201900512
- J. N. van der Kolk, S. Bancelin, C Kioulos, A. Calà Lesina, F. Légaré, L. Ramunno, Effect of refractive index mismatch on forward-to-backward ratios in SHG imaging, Optics Letters 43 (20), 5082-5085 (2018) doi:10.1364/OL.43.005082
- J-M. Guay, A. Calà Lesina, J. Baxter, G. Killaire, L. Ramunno, P. Berini, A. Weck, Topography Tuning for Plasmonic Color Enhancement via Picosecond Laser Bursts, Advanced Optical Materials 6 (17), 1800189 (2018) doi:10.1002/adom.201800189
- J-M. Guay, A. Calà Lesina, G. Côté, M. Charron, D. Poitras, L. Ramunno, P. Berini and A. Weck, Laser-induced plasmonic colours on metals, Nature Communications 8, 16095 (2017) doi:10.1038/ncomms16095
- A. Calà Lesina, P. Berini, L. Ramunno, (Editor’s pick) Vectorial control of nonlinear emission via chiral butterfly nanoantennas: generation of pure high order nonlinear vortex beams, Optics Express 25(3), 2569-2582 (2017) doi:10.1364/OE.25.002569
- A. Calà Lesina, A. Vaccari, P. Berini and L. Ramunno, On the convergence and accuracy of the FDTD method for nanoplasmonics, Optics Express 23(8), 10481-10497 (2015) doi:10.1364/OE.23.010481
- C.P. Brown, M-A. Houle, K. Popov, M. Nicklaus, C-A. Couture, M. Laliberté, T. Brabec, A. Ruediger, A.J. Carr, A.J. Price, H.S. Gill, L. Ramunno and F. Légaré, Imaging and modeling collagen architecture from the nano to micro scale, Biomedical optics express 5(1), 233-243 (2014) doi:10.1364/BOE.5.000233
- K. I. Popov, C. McElcheran, K. Briggs, S. Mack and L. Ramunno, Morphology of femtosecond laser modification of bulk dielectrics, Optics Express 19(1), 271-282 (2011) doi:10.1364/OE.19.000271